JNTU College of
Engineering, Anatapur stands aloft on a solid foundation of past
glory and prestige. This college was started in the year 1946,
under the post war reconstruction program and functioned at Guindy
campus, Madras for two years and was shifted to Anantapur in 1948.
It was in the year 1958 that the college was shifted to the present
permanent buildings accommodating the Administrative block, Laboratories,
the Engineering Departments, Library and the Hostel blocks.
During the first
25 years of its existence, it was affiliated to the Madras and
S V University and produced distinguished alumni, who are holding
high positions, in India and abroad. It has great tradition to
be proud of. Fortified with the traditional values and dedicated
spirit of the staff and the students, it would rise upto any
occasion or meet any challenge confidently.
In the year 1972
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University was formed and the
college became a constituent college of the University. With
this a new era was ushered in Technical Education. Consequently
there was an impetus to the academic activity of this college.
Though the College was initially established to provide basic
technical education, with the passage of time, it emerged out,
as one of the colleges to fulfil the technological need of our
fast developing India with highly professional and well-trained